In small doses, mold is harmless. Serving as nature’s decomposition system, it is essential for the natural breakdown of organic materials. In cases where moisture and humidity are at higher levels, mold can grow at an unprecedented rate.
If you spot mold in your residential or commercial property, you need to take action. Calling a professional service is the first step. Rainbow International is a full service restoration company with locations nation and worldwide. Certified by the IICRC in mold remediation, we will always ensure that the technicians we send out to your property will be trained, professional and capable to handle any sized remediation project. In addition, we are heavily involved in continuing education classes in order to keep abreast of the changing technologies in the restoration industry.
Residential Mold Remediation
Mold has the ability to grow in the most hidden spaces of your home. When additional moisture is present, it provides the perfect environment for mold to colonize and grow. With the addition of the organic components of building materials, mold has a food base to survive and multiply. When leaks and other types of minor water damage occur, moisture builds within the building envelope of the home.
With certain insurance policies, you may have mold coverage for your home. Check with your insurance policy to see if you are covered. We do work for all insurance companies in Harford, Baltimore and Cecil Counties. In Maryland, the insured person has the right to determine which company will perform their remediation work. Insist on Rainbow International on Northeastern Maryland. Simply call our office and we will coordinate with your insurance agent. It’s that simple. Let us do the work for you.
With certain insurance policies, you may have mold coverage for your home. Before giving a professional service a call, check with your insurance policy to see if you are covered. At Rainbow International, we have the capabilities to work directly with your insurance company.
Over the years, we have established strong relationships with local insurance adjusters and companies which helps the claims process along. When you work with Rainbow International, we have the resources to work directly with your insurance company. We can handle the entire claims process from start to finish, taking the stress off of you.
Commercial Mold Remediation
Office buildings, hospitals, warehousing facilities and retail stores can all experience mold. Especially in these areas, the stakes can be much higher than a typical residential project. In order to prevent mold from colonizing and spreading throughout the facility, here are a few tips to follow in preventing mold:
- Have Plumbing Leaks Fixed: The most obvious solution is to have your maintenance team fix any plumbing leaks present. This will immediately stop the source of moisture. If moisture is present after the leaks are fixed, then make sure the area is dried completely before closing up the space or moving on to another site.
- Be aware of condensation: Condensation can be a very serious issue if not properly addressed. Condensation still introduces moisture into the environment which is exactly what mold needs to thrive.
- Keep HVAC systems running smoothly: When HVAC drip pans are not attended to properly, it can cause them to over flow. In addition, the added moisture in the air can create condensation which creates the ideal environment for mold growth.
- Ensure moisture is vented outside: Equipment such as dryers, boilers or heat generating equipment can cause a huge moisture issue if steam or condensation is vented inside. When this occurs, moisture is trapped within the walls causing mold growth in hidden areas. It is important to check these vents periodically, because as they get older, sometimes the joints shift, thus causing moisture to escape back into the indoor atmosphere of the building.
- Keep humidity low: If possible, the most ideal range for humidity levels would be 30-50% relative humidity. If that is not possible, then keep levels under 60%. This can be done through more advanced HVAC systems or dehumidification. Both technologies can keep the air dry and help prevent mold from colonizing.
If you have experienced untreated water damage in the past and suspect you could have mold growing on your property, give Rainbow International a call. We will send out the most certified technicians to evaluate your situation and recommend a solution that will address any sized mold situation.
Certified by the IICRC, Rainbow International services the Harford, Baltimore and Cecil counties. We have established a solid reputation based on our fast response and excellent service. We are also licensed, bonded and insured which provides us the proper amount of coverage to take on both large and small projects. Servicing the Harford, Baltimore and Cecil counties, we have an established reputation surrounding our fast response and outstanding customer service.